Skip to main content

How do I get a Work Permit?

Work permits are issued by Ms. Jimenez in the College and Career Center.


1. Apply for employment

2. Once you have an interview date set up, pick up a Work Permit Request (pink form) in the College Center.

Make sure the following 3 sections are filled out completely with original link and signatures.

  • The Student Information section must be filled out by you, the student.
  • The Employer Information section must be filled out by your new employer.
  • The Parent Authorization section must be signed and dated by your parents.
  1. Return the Work Permit Request form to Ms. Jimenez with official proof of your birthday and age. Official proof is:
    • A Student ID with your birth date and age.
    • An official California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) ID or driver's license.
    • A birth certificate accompanied by a photo ID with your name.
    • A passport.
  2. Once your Work Permit Request form is certified with official proof, you will receive your work permit within 1-2 business days.
  3. Congratulations on your new job!